Troubleshooting - Moving
to new computer
The process of moving Agave to a new computer is straight forward.
1. Copy the C:\AgaveSPS folder to a portable storage device. Copy any other folders such as your web or graphic if they are on your original hard drive.
2. Install AgaveSPS on the new computer using the original installation disk. If you have a problem with the disk, email us and we'll link you to on-line installation files.
3. Once the install is complete, open Agave a run through the setup program. What you enter in the setup at this point is inconsequential as the data will be replaced.
4. With Agave closed, go to C:\AgaveSPS (on the new computer) and delete the AgaveSPS folder. You will receive a warning when about deleting a program -- this warning can be safely ignored.
IMPORTANT: Do not reinstall any Agave updates -- they are already in the data backup files.
5. Go to your portable storage device, right click on the AgaveSPS folder and select copy. Go to the drive C: icon of the new computer, right click and select paste. There should be an interval of waiting as the files are copied over. Repeat with other backup folders, being sure to place them in the same relative location on the new computer as they were on the old machine.
If using an external drive(s) for your graphic files, be sure the drives receive the same drive letter designation on the new computer so Agave will be able to find them.
Note: If running AgaveSPS 5.x and using the metadata tool you will need to reinstall the metadata license key. Click here for instructions.
Note: If running AgaveSPS 4.x you will need to set the application compatibility tool to Windows NT4_Service Pack 5.
1. Right click on Agave startup icon.
2. Select Properties | Compatibility notebook tab
3. Set program to run in compatibility mode for NT4 (Service pack 5)
4. Select OK.
For email support contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For phone support call :520-749-3788